Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Maybe heading home?

My bloodwork this morning looks good so they have removed my tethers to the hospital bed (catheter and IV). I'm switching from IV pain meds to oral ones in the hopes that they will control the pain enough to let me go home later today. I took my first dose about an hour ago so now it's just watch and wait and see if I can manage the pain with the current dosage. It feels good to be out of bed and Asher and I are taking advantage of it and going on "walks" around the OB unit (not exactly romantic walks on the beach but better than nothing). One positive of being in here has been the quality time with my son. I'd still be feeding him nonstop at home but might have a few more distractions/interruptions :) That being said, I have gotten used to seeing Reese's (and CK's) adorable little face every day and am missing both of them a lot. If all goes well, though, we'll all be together this evening.

Now that I'm feeling better it's time to rededicate myself to that event that is now only 9 days away. I have a lot of shopping to do in the next few days.