Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Emily- Day 2

Emily and I are still in the hospital.  Hoping to go home sometime tomorrow but it may not be until Thursday.  I'm feeling pretty good and have gotten rid of all my "tethers" (catheter, IV, compression machine for my lower legs, IV, etc.) which makes getting around, even just in my hospital room, a lot easier.  Took a shower this morning and am starting to feel a bit more like myself.  I was really nauseous yesterday and wasn't able to eat or drink anything all day.  Today things were much better and I had some real food finally, which seems to also be helping me get back to "normal".  The pain is pretty well controlled at this point so I'm hopefully they'll send us home tomorrow.

Emily is doing great and nursing constantly.  My milk hasn't come in yet so she's still losing a bit of weight but that should remedy itself soon.  She's very alert and, for now, has big blue eyes and some dark hair.  Our family is in love as evidenced by Daddy's big smile:
 Emily enjoyed her first Duke game today, a big win over Kentucky.  Her cheerleading outfit from Auntie must be our new lucky charm.
 First bath before
 and after
 She really liked the water so jetskiing can't be far behind.