Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Kids 3 and 4-year old check ups

We took Reese and Asher to the pediatrician yesterday for their 3- and 4-year old check-ups.  They did great, especially Reese who had to get 2 vaccines for Kindergarten next year (can you believe it? already?)
Reese's current height is 44 inches (near 100th percentile) and weight is 51 lbs (also near 100th percentile).  She turned the examination table in the room into a train while we were there and the pediatrician called her "a character".

Asher's current height is 38 inches (about 66th percentile) and weight is 34 lbs (78th percentile)

They both look great according to the doctor.  Reese went first with the examination and flu shot (they got the nasal spray this year) and I think that helped when it was Asher's turn.  He sure was paying attention when the doctor was looking in her nose and ears.  Later I asked Asher how the doctor's visit was and he said "ok, but he hit me".  Of course, he was referring to the doctor hitting his knee to test the knee jerk reflex.  I tried to explain why the doctor did that but, I have to admit, why someone cares about your knee's ability to jerk forward is kind of difficult to explain to a 2-year old.  Oh well.

Reese now has all her immunizations up to date and is ready for Kindergarten registration in January and school starting next August.  She's very excited and was asking me how long until she gets to go to school.

I snapped a few cute pictures of Asher "preparing" for the arrival of his new sister in a few weeks.



 Hopefully the new baby doesn't actually end up sleeping in the bookshelf :)

 I spent some time practicing with my camera, trying to move away from the automatic settings and get better at using the manual settings.  Luckily, the kids humored me (for awhile, anyway)...




 like I said, they humored me for awhile.  This next one screams "ok, I've had enough brother sister time"

 We had our first snowfall here in Helena yesterday.  Some pictures as the winter wonderland was forming:
 Jetskis covered in snow is a definite sign that summer is over :(