Sunday, June 13, 2010

Asher at 6 months

Asher turned 6 months old on the 8th and at his doctor's appointment on Friday he was 21.2 lbs and 29 inches (yes, both are over 100th percentile). For comparison, at this age, Reese was 27.5 inches and 20.4 lbs. I celebrated Asher's half year milestone with my first 10k in a long time at the Governor's Cup here in Helena and managed to run it under 57 minutes. 5 years ago that would have been a disappointment but given how little I've been running (and sleeping) I was pretty proud of myself. It was a gorgeous day for running and it felt good to just run.

Both of the kids are fighting a cough so none of us have been getting much sleep. We were able to get some smiles, however, with a few BBQs at Val's house in the last week to celebrate Andrew, Steve and Kaitlyn's birthdays.
Asher enjoying his first swing ride
Sliding with Daddy
Pushing Asher on the swing at Val's house
We've started to supplement my milk with formula (since I can't seem to keep up with our growing boy) but Asher's tummy isn't taking too well to the formula yet. So this is Asher saying
"Grandma, why are you making me wear this PINK shirt?" The answer is, of course, because this was the 3rd backup outfit we brought (he had already gone through his two and now had to borrow from Reese's stash). What you don't see is that Mom was also on her 3rd outfit for which we did not plan. Thanks Val and Steve for the change(s) of clothes!
Reese found the cupcakes...
Yummy
Helping Asher with his hat
Playing in the playroom and sort of sharing toys
Reese teaching Asher to read
Starting to look more alike?
Asher all smiles because he can sit up and play with his sister
Still have my bald spot, though
Reese's hair is starting to look almost girly