Friday, March 12, 2010

where I work

In case you’re curious, this is the hospital that I’m currently working in. In fact, if you watch the video, the hallway that they’re in at the end (with the lovely orange tile) is where I walk 10 or more times a day. Anyway, if you’ve been keeping up with the healthcare reform debate, Intermountain has been cited by everyone (including the President in many speeches) as a model for balancing quality and cost of care. They do it better than almost anyone else in the nation. This project for me is less of a “they’re in real trouble so let’s fix them” and more of a “good to great” challenge. Somewhat ironically, the video focuses on the example of how c-sections cost the healthcare system so much more than regular deliveries so I guess I'm not doing my part to keep costs down!