Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sad change of plans

Sadly, CK's grandfather (Jan's dad) passed away Friday night.  We happened to be up in Malta for the weekend and decided to just head straight to South Dakota for the funeral.  As I type this we are somewhere on I-90 (most of I-90 South Dakota looks about the same). So far the kids have been troopers and, since we're traveling with Val and her kids, we can trade drivers periodically.  Good thing because none of us have been sleeping much since both Reese and Asher have really bad coughs and sound like they are hacking up a lung most of the night. 
I have a presentation in Florida on Thursday so am going to fly there from SD and Val and CK are going to brave the trip home together.  The really unfortunate part is that, since I have no nice/work clothes with me, some shopping will have to occur along the way.  Shucks.
For those of you who were there and may remember, Francis Graff (CK's grandfather) gave me the greatest gift I could ask for when he married CK and I almost 7 years ago in a pretty little church in Big Sky.  He was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed.