Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Trying to earn all my 2011 frequent flier miles in one week

This week might set a new record for me for most flights.  Between last Thursday and this coming Thursday here is my flight schedule:
12/30 AZA-->GTF (flight home from Arizona for Christmas)
1/3 HLN-->MSP-->MEM-->JAN (to Jackson, MS for project work)
1/4 JAN-->ATL-->MCO (to Orlando for a meeting)
1/5 MCO-->ATL-->JAN (back to Jackson for project/training)
1/6 JAN-->ATL-->MSP-->HLN (home- yay!)
That's 11 flights (17+ hrs of flight time) in 8 days.  A bit crazy even for me.  Thought I'd provide a visual:


On a side note I rode from MSP to MEM yesterday with a couple and their 1-year-old triplets.  They had one of them in a carseat and each of the parents held another one.  It was impressive that they even attempted it; more impressive was that the babies were extremely well behaved (and no, they hadn't been drugged). 
I'm actually enjoying my increased flight time.  It's great to have "down time" where I can't access email or phone (or, more importantly, the rest of the world can't access me) so I can actually get work done and plan ahead for the next day/week/month.  I find myself much more organized now that I'm flying more.  An interesting and somewhat surprising perk of my current project assignment.

Happy New Year to everyone and Happy Birthday to my favorite FIL, Craig.